Sunday 24 May 2015

I'm Running A Marathon!




BAM. That hit you square in the face? It did when I saw it earlier this week. I'm going to tell you why in this weeks post!
If you've been tuning in since I started this little venture you'll know I've got quite into running since leaving uni. Honestly? I was kind of force fed it for a while, my sister, brother-in-law and Dad are real keen runners (like super-duper-truper keen) and would always encourage me to join them. 

I wanted to shed a few pounds so I started having little evenings jogs, I was rubbish at first, like a red tomato face on the loose but then out of nowhere something clicked and I suddenly felt a-m-a-z-i-n-g when I was running.

My sister ran her first marathon last year and my Dads clocked up a few over the years too and watching them is incredible. Seeing their motivation and sheer determination is completely awe inspiring. It was something I always kept saying 'One day, I'll do it' 

So my sister told me about an all women Race for Life marathon in October, I'm running a lot at the moment and she told me that with handwork and a lot of training I would be ready in 5 months to go out and do it. I've been thinking about it all week and then I saw this quote and thought 'count me in.' Yes, it's going to be insanely difficult, yes I might want to give up but running a marathon really is something I have always wanted to do and I know I'm capable of it if I really gave it my all and so here goes nothing, I'm signed up and I'm going to go for it.

I'm going to keep my progress updates on my social channels so give me a follow and come and help me get through my #marathontraining

EEK!

(P.s Now I can't back out because I've told the internet and I'll look like a huge failure if I bail.)



No comments:

Post a Comment