Wednesday 8 July 2015

Glastonbury

Hello little pets, 

As some of you may know I hit the famous fields of Worthy Farm a few weeks ago for Glastonbury! Attending Glastonbury is something that has been on my bucket list for years so you can imagine how excitable I was! The only thing that gets me through our numbing winter months is knowing that I'll be prancing through the festival fields once summer arrives and kicking off festival season with Glastonbury was a pretty fab way to start things.

I finally got my film camera developed this week so although a little late (in true Gomez style, of course) I thought I'd share my weekend with you. 




Festival blues has hit me square in the face, right between the eyes and POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER. The adjustment from running around as a free spirit with my face covered in glitter to sitting at a desk in a clean, professional office space is a tricky change to fathom.

Weekend highlights? The Libertines did a surprise set and to fill those of you in who aren't aware I have an unhealthy obsession with Pete Doherty as in, I genuinely go weak at the knees and that little heart eyed emoji? That's basically me. Another highlight was staying up the entire night and watching the sunrise whilst sitting under those giant glastonbury letters. I'm hanging onto that memory so tight, I'm determined to not forget that view. 

Glastonbury was incredible for so many reasons but more than anything because it restored my faith in people, something I realise has been lost since I've moved to this chaotic city. I walked past bare foot hippies chatting and laughing with young guys wearing fresh nikes and snapbacks, old couples using their walking sticks to aid them through the muddy walkways and toddlers running alongside with loose curls causing mischief. Hierarchy is a lost word, 175,000 people become one force.  Can you imagine how glorious the world would be if that was the norm? I hold my hands up as guilty, a couple were lost in some PDA on the tube yesterday and I found myself rolling my eyes arrogantly, at Glastonbury I remember being in the same situation and smiling, my heart feeling full of love and happiness for everyone around me. 

To make things better and do my bit I've decided you can take the girl out of Glastonbury but you can't take the Glastonbury out of the girl and so here's a message to my straight faced commuters, to my grumpy coffee shop baristas and the pensive strangers I cross paths with everyday..


I will give you a huge grin and I will greet my neighbours in the morning and sure as hell, I will hum along to my favourite song in public because the world is so much better that way.

My next stop is Secret Garden Party and I can't wait for my next adventure!

What festivals are you going to this summer?


No comments:

Post a Comment