Monday 15 June 2015

6 Reasons Why You Need To Ditch The Tube


Hey Folks! 

First off, I just wanted to say a huge thank you! My last post; which you can find here has gone down a treat! I've hit over 1000 views! (Nothing to some of you mega bloggers, but a big achievement for me!) I enjoyed writing in the article style so much I thought I would keep it up. 

I've been walking everywhere this week so it was really fun for me to compile this weeks post!

6 Reasons Why You Need To Ditch The Tube
1. Creativity
Asked to brainstorm some unique and creative ideas whilst staring blankly at your desk can be somewhat of a challenge. Go for a walk and have your 'Notes' app at the ready and I kid you not, you're creative juices will go into overload. You'll come back to your desk with a list of fresh ideas and one very smug look on your face. 

2. Exercise
That chocolate brownie you tried to resist for 3 hours and then gave in when the 4pm munchies paid a visit? Guilt no more.. Walking is such a natural, mindless thing we often forget it counts as exercise. So kill those extra calories with a stroll home- SCORE. 

3. Navigate
It's easy to get stuck in a triangle. By this I mean:  
                                                         Tube Station- Office- Coffee Shop
By walking instead of getting the tube you'll realise you're a lot more clued up on the area and not to mention you'll discover a million new places that you'll want to check out! You'll find you also feel a lot more at home, this is your stomping ground after all! So those cute spanish kids that come and ask you for directions? You can so point them in the right direction and then give them an 'aww, cute' when it was only yesterday you asked a group of women for directions yourself.. (nobody needs to know)

4. Unwind
You think face planting a mans armpit will help you de-stress after work? You just don't need that in your life. By choosing to walk you'll release all of those lovely mood boosting endorphins and feel completely relaxed by the time you reach your front door. So stick in your headphones, breathe in that polluted London air and leave your stresses behind! 

5. Surroundings
Again, with the triangle here, it's easy to get into a mundane working routine and forget you're in London. Soak in those world famous views, you're paying enough to be here after all so get your moneys worth and make the most of having these landmarks on your doorstep! It sure as hell beats the views of staring at everyones miserable faces on the tube. 

6. Activity
On evenings I've felt like a lame-o because I have no plans I choose to take a long walk home. Make it into an activity and you'll feel like you're doing something productive after work. As you pass a cute coffee shop, head in for an evening decaff before continuing your stroll home. 

If I've convinced you to ditch the tube then here are my must have apps that will provide you with guidelines, maps and routes. Of course, you'll only need to use these for the first few trips and then soon enough you'll be navigating like a pro!


Until next time kids! 

x




No comments:

Post a Comment